Saturday 11 April 2020

Mum

I'm going to try and find the motivation to keep writing on this blog. My mum used to love my posts and always encouraged me to write a new one. I started this blog in 2014. When I started, I was quite active. But when the full time job started, the posts became infrequent. Mum would always urge me "write a new one!". Whenever I would finish a post she would be the first one to read it. Then she would share with all her friends and family. Even if nobody else was reading it I used to be happy I put a smile on her face. A doting mother, she always made me feel good about myself. She is the reason I have the confidence I have today. When the insecurities crept in, she told me to believe in myself. It was easy to do that when it came from her. All I had to do was look at her and see the solid belief she had in me. It was easier to believe then.

My mum passed away in September last year. It's been over 6 months now. Not a single day passes when I don't think of her. So many times I have caught myself thinking "oh I should tell mum about this" or "oh how does this work? Better ask mum". She was my answer to everything. My best friend. We would talk for hours and hours. Every single day I would call her on my way home from work. I would pour all my worries and frustrations on her and she would keenly listen to it all. Providing me with love and comfort after every interaction. 

Now she is gone and it is a process every single day. It'll become easier they say, for now I am just taking one day at a time.

 

1 comment:

  1. I catch myself wanting to tell her something all the time.

    ReplyDelete